Crowns & Bridges
Dental crowns are an effective treatment option for restoring broken or weakened teeth
At Dentessential, we offer dental crown treatments to help patients restore a broken or damaged tooth. Depending on the condition of your teeth we have different treatment options. For teeth which are more severely damaged, we typically use zirconia dental crowns. The zirconia provides the necessary strength to withstand the bite pressure of your jaw, and the porcelain allows the dental crown to look and feel like your natural teeth.
Dental crowns are used to:
- Restore fractured or broken teeth
- Strengthen a tooth after root canal therapy
- Improve biting ability
- Fix damage from excessive grinding
Benefits of dental crowns:
- Feel like natural teeth
- Match the colour and texture of your teeth
- Are made from durable material to last
The treatment process for dental crowns
When you visit Dentessential for your initial consultation, we will examine the condition of your teeth and determine the best course of action. It typically takes 2 to 3 appointments to place a dental crown.
A dental bridge is between one and three dental crowns fused together. This dental prosthetic is attached to the teeth on either side of the tooth loss area. A bridge is an effective method of replacing missing teeth and filling the gaps in a smile left by one or more missing teeth.
The benefits of a dental bridge:
- bridges can look and feel like your natural teeth
- help you regain a beautiful smile after injury or tooth loss
- the procedure provides support, stability and improves dental health