Do you have a missing tooth or teeth?
Download our Dental Implants Guide to learn how the treatment can improve your overall oral health.
If you have suffered from tooth loss, or would like to find out more information on how dental implants can improve the form and function of your smile, download our dental implant guide today.
Are dental implants worth it?
Did you know that dental implants are one of the best ways to replace missing teeth?
Using the latest facilities within our Richmond dental practice, we provide a completely computerised solution, offering accurate dental implant placement and detailed planning prior to the procedure.
What is a dental implant?
A dental implant is an artificial tooth root which is surgically placed into your jawbone. An attachment, known as an abutment, is then placed to support the final restoration. This final restoration can be a crown, bridge or denture.
Also known as:
- Tooth implant, fake tooth, replacement tooth, implant tooth, implant, tooth replacemmplantation dental.
- People want dental implants as a replacement for missing teeth that may be affecting their ability to speak, chew, or smile. Dental implants are a long-term solution that look and feel like your natural teeth.
Areas we service:
- Patients travel from all over Sydney NSW. However we see majority of patients in—and around—Richmond, Penrith, Windsor & Hawkesbury.
How many teeth can be replaced with dental implants?
Depending on the specifics of each case, dental implants can be a viable option to replace one or all of your teeth. At Dentessential, we offer All-on-4 treatment which can replace a whole row of teeth in just one appointment.
New dental implant technology
SimPlant software is the world’s first interactive 3D implant planning system. SimPlant gives practitioners a more accurate and predicable treatment planning for dental implants.
There are many benefits for both practitioner and patient in the use of SimPlant. Using 3D planning allows the ideal implant positioning, while taking into account both clinical and aesthetic considerations. SimPlant’s precise planning software prior to treatment provides an extra margin of safety for patients.
Once a consultation has taken place and the necessary planning is complete, the actual implant treatments are staged over 3 appointments.
Frequently Asked Questions
Cheap dental implants overseas v Dentessential
Chances are you’ve probably heard of people going overseas for dental work such as dental implants in order to save on cost. There’s no denying it’s a rising trend, but many people don’t consider or aren’t fully aware of the risks of going somewhere like Thailand for serious treatments such as dental implants. Complex procedures, when not given proper attention by a board certified medical practitioner, can easily lead to complications with horrible repercussions, such as tooth loss and infection.
Are your considering dental implants?
At Dentessential, your outcome and well-being are in the hands of Dr Rafeh: a dentist with over 20 years experience and such expertise in dental implant placement that he now trains other dentists in implant dentistry.
How does a dental implant work?
Dental implants are one of the very best options for replacing missing teeth because they function as a normal tooth would. Normally, when you lose a tooth, the loss of the tooth root in the jaw bone and the lack of pressure exerted by chewing will cause the bone to recede. If a missing tooth is ignored, the receding jawbone can cause a sunken facial appearance and other health effects. A dental implant replaces the tooth root in the jaw bone. A prosthetic tooth is then placed on top of the implant in the jaw bone, and together they function as a natural tooth.
What is the dental implant post op care?
Dental implants function essentially as natural teeth, and they require no more care than your natural teeth either! One of the biggest benefits of dental implants is that they are incredibly easy to maintain, and, when properly cared for, they can be a permanent solution for tooth loss.
No need to worry about special creams and cleaning solutions as you might for dentures. Your dental implants can be brushed and flossed just like your natural teeth.
What is the dental implants recovery process?
Getting dental implants is a serious procedure and, as such, recovery takes time. A normal level of bleeding, swelling and pain should be expected. However, if you follow some key steps, your dental implants will heal well and you will soon have the smile you’ve been dreaming of.
The first few days after dental implant surgery
1. Take care to not disturb the dental implant sites. Do not rinse vigorously or probe the area. You may brush your teeth gently. In fact, it’s important to keep your mouth clean so you should brush your teeth before bed. However, be very careful to avoid the dental implants.
2. Smoking will negatively impact the dental implant healing process, so should be avoided as much as possible.
3. The first day after receiving your dental implants should be spent resting. Vigorous activity can cause swelling, bleeding and pain.
4. Liquids and pureed foods will be much easier to eat than solid foods during the first few days following dental implant surgery. Use of a straw and consumption of extremely hot food should be avoided for several days. Also avoid foods that may have a tendency to get stuck in the dental implant sites, such as seeds, nuts and popcorn.
5. As noted above, keeping the mouth clean is extremely important to prevent infection. After the first day, the patient should begin gently rinsing the mouth with a salt water solution. Along with normal brushing and flossing, the patient should do the salt water rinse 2-3 times per day.
You will be given personalised instructions for the after care of your dental implants, and if followed, the recovery process should go very smoothly.